Pages

Friday 22 August 2014

Delicious dozen bite 8 - ready meal reviews....well not quite!

Ok guys, so, here's the thing, it turns out that when you move out of home for a month to work away and then work 16 hours a day, even ready meals start to look like gourmet cooking! I was so determined to maximise my sleep time that even those few minutes waiting for a ready meal to cook was too long to wait. I’m sorry folks but I only actually cooked for myself twice during the whole Games so it wasn’t going to make for much of a review!

 I MUST tell you though that I did not starve, far from it, the food that the staff and volunteers had was amazing. Most days I ate breakfast and lunch in the Athletes Village which was fantastic, hot meals, lots of fresh fruit, and plenty of choice. I had dinner in one of the competition venues most nights, the selection there wasn’t quite as extensive, it was mainly salads and sandwiches (some of which had an astonishingly large number of calories in them, who knew you could fit 900 calories in a sandwich!! I think they must have secretly deep fried the lettuce or something) but they were still pretty good. But the best meals in town were in the Athletes main dining room, OMG their food was AMAZING!! The Athletes and team officials had 24 hour access to pretty much every food under the sun and I was lucky enough to eat in there a couple of times. The dining room and kitchens were built in a huge temporary structure and I have no idea how the caterers did it but they managed to make thousands and thousands of meals very day for nearly a month. Huge high fives to my Catering, Cleaning and Waste colleagues, they got it really right and I'm sure they helped our Athletes perform to the best of their ability!!

Main dining for the Athletes...it was HUGE!

Menu....they used lots of local produce which was great!

Healthy salad bar

Steaks, salmon, pasta, pizza, noodles choices, choices, choices......

OMG breakfast was AMAZING!!

Ice cream any time of the day and night... LOVE IT!!

Muffins, cookies, cereal....


Full Scottish!

Sorry that I didn’t manage to complete the Delicious Dozen challenge this month as planned but I promise to get back on track now that I am enjoying my period of funemployment!!

August is going to be dedicated to the wonderful world of Italian food!

Happy cooking and eating,

Xx Linds xx



No comments:

Post a Comment